Friday, March 11, 2011

Favorite Thing #3

The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice


I LOVE this book.

It's a coming-of-age book set in 1950's England. It's about a "penniless toff" (a broke socialite) Penelope who is trying to escape her beautiful mother's shadow and who would love to experience Post-War freedom and luxuries but just plain isn't outgoing enough. Then she meets Charlotte who has no problem being adventurous. And Charlotte has a cousin named Harry whom Penelope fights feelings for. It's all about soda-pop, fancy parties, and pop-stars. I've probably read this book, oh, 10+ times. It's my go-to book for when I don't know what to read, or if I'm traveling and need a book to pack. I should invest in a hardcover because my paperback is looking pretty worn out....

(P.S. Sorry I'm a day or so late on posting. I've been and still am super sick, and Greyson is too. So I'll be a little delayed...)


No comments:

Post a Comment