Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good Thing #12

Planning

I'll go crazy making plans! I guess it's all about the anticipation of all the fun to be had. Vacations, babies, projects, parties, and in particular Greyson's 1st Birthday :) I know most think it's probably too early to be planning his party, but unless you have a serious daydreaming problem like me, you can't possibly understand how excited I am. I'm not going to go all crazy and invite tons of people and spend tons of money (though admittedly if I HAD tons of money I SO would), but I excited for it all the same.

At first I was going to do The Very Hungry Caterpillar as a theme.




But then I figured I'd have to use too much food dye in making his cake green and red, and I don't want to pump him full of food coloring. So I've just decided to do like a Bugs and Picnic theme. I'm going to do a white on white cake (white frosting, white cake) and crumble Oreos on top for dirt, and put gummy worms on it for some bugs. I know he can't have gummy worms so they're mostly for aesthetic purposes. But, like my Aunt Chris says "Presentation is Everything". I mean seriously, if we only did things for pure functionality, imagine how boring that'd be. And I'm also going to use a checkerboard table cloth. And we'll probably have about 10 or 15 people. Aaand that's all I know for sure. We'll probably have a barbeque too since his birthday is July 3rd, and you can't have a party that close the the 4th of July without a barbeque. And I'm so happy that you can pretty much gaurantee nice weather too in July.
Now, MY birthday (which happens to be Sunday, write it down) is always crappy, weatherwise. It always snows :( that's what I get for being born in the Spring and living in the Rockies. But I feel that there's a pretty good chance that it just might be nice for once this time. It's been so beautiful out lately and I've got the peeling skin to prove it.
Did I mention Good Thing #13 is Tangents?

(And, VOTE FOR GREYSON! It takes 2 seconds, I'm not even kidding. Just click this link and click "Vote For Me", not just "Like" http://photos.parents.com/category/vote/photo/758846 Vote as many times as you can! Sometimes it lets you do it more than once. We're currently 53rd out of I don't know how many. Hopefully we can move up tomorrow!)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    Dropping in from Mama Blog (happy to see you got that link worked out for a lazy schlub like me, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also here from Mama Blog! I loving planning the kids' birthday parties even though we go pretty low key. My youngest will be 1 at the end of May and we are doing a dinosaur theme. I am doing a spinach, carrot brownie in a dinosaur cake pan and dying the frosting bright purple using roasted pureed beets! Your bugs and picnic theme sounds cute:)

    ReplyDelete